Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Bird-day

This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a designer draft challenge.  I used the sketch in its vertical orientation to make this fun birthday card.

Happy Bird-day-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used the little bird from the Birthday Buddies stamp set as my focal image.  The bird is colored with Copic markers and die cut with the matching shaped die.  I used a dimensional dot to adhere the image to a piece of chevron patterned paper

The image panel is placed on a yellow card base at an angle along with a piece of multicolored floral paper and a strip of light blue cardstock. I thought about using another pattern for the long strip at the left edge of the panel, but in the end, I decided that the two patterns were enough pattern for me!  I stamped the set's "happy bird-day" sentiment on a white cardstock strip and adhered it across the panels to finish the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersPaper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set and Buddies dies, Crafter's Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Pink Paislee Hey Kid 6x6 paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); markers (Copic)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips