Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I Heart You

Here’s a masculine design perfect for Valentine’s Day. The layout comes from this week’s sketch at the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.

I Heart You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
I started off with a piece of multicolored striped patterned paper. The paper has a pop of red tucked in among the more masculine colors to help bring in the love theme I was going for in my design. It’s adhered to a light blue card base that coordinates with one of the paper’s stripes.

I die cut a fancy edged strip from kraft cardstock to use for the sentiment. I stamped the “I heart you” sentiment from Avery Elle’s Aim High set on the kraft strip using red ink. To add interest, I die cut the same fancy edged strip a second time, this time from light blue cardstock. I stamped one of the set’s arrow images near the decorative edge in red ink, then trimmed the strip and adhered the stamped piece to the bottom of the kraft strip. I added a piece of red faux suede ribbon over the top edge of the blue strip and wrapped some twine around it, securing it with a simple bow. The finished sentiment panel is adhered to the cardfront, flush with the top of the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle Aim High stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Love Letter ink, Simple Stories Say Cheese 6x6 paper pad, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Hemptique natural twine

other: Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Half and Half die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips