Friday, December 20, 2013

Lots of These

Here’s my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I was able to use up a bunch of small scraps when I put this simple love themed design together.

Lots of These-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
The scraps were all from a Doodlebug Designs paper pad. Keeping to scraps from just one paper pad/collection helped to ensure that the pieces all coordinated nicely. I die cut the scraps using several different width fishtail flag dies, then arranged them on a white cardstock panel. Once they were in place, I machine stitched along the top of the strips. I was too lazy to change the thread in my machine to red, which might have looked better with my papers. The “for you, lots of these” sentiment from the Of the Heart Sentiments set from Lil’ Inker Designs is stamped just above the strips in red ink. I added a pair of layered hearts and a shiny silver arrow to the banners as an accent.

Materials Used:
Of the Heart Sentiments stamp set, Of the Heart dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Michaels); Sweet Cakes 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Designs); sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these pinks and reds together! And I'm with you about changing the thread on my sewing machine -- doesn't white thread go with everything? Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic! Love that sentiment and the great prints. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips