Friday, December 27, 2013

Pop, Fizz, Clink

This week's blogger challenge theme is "celebrations."  With New Year's Eve fast approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to put together a card to mark the occasion.  I went with a classic color combination and lots of sparkle on this one!

Pop Fizz Clink-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple StampsI'm thrilled I was actually able to pull a card together given the current state of my stamping space.  I've been working on reorganizing it since Monday and the reorganization has included moving pretty much everything out so I could take out old furniture and put in new pieces.  It's been lots of work, but it's finally starting to take shape.  I'm making one last trip to Ikea tomorrow and then I should be ready to get everything back in place.  When I sat down to make this card, I used my new table and overhead lamp for the first time (very nice!) and was actually able to find everything I wanted to use easily, even though some of it is still not back in the room.

I used a pair of glasses as my focal image.  They're die cut with one of the By the Glass dies from Clear and Simple Stamps and stamped with the matching glass outline and solid liquid images.  I used foam tape to adhere the glasses to a gold tag die cut from some glitter paper.  To hide the hole at the top of the tag, I used a black bow made with one of the Bow Trio Mini dies.   I set the tag on a white panel, then added the fun new year sentiment from the New Year Cheer set.  It's heat embossed in gold for a nice pop against the black Favor Flag die cut piece.

Materials Used:
New Year Cheer and By the Glass stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Perfect Little Black Dress, and A Blanc Check cardstock, By the Glass, Favor Flags, Tags 1, and Bow Trio Mini dies, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); gold glitter cardstock (Michaels); Diamond Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips