Sunday, December 29, 2013

You Brighten My Day

It's a dreary, rainy Sunday here--perfect for staying home and stamping!  So, in between loads of laundry, I sat down and put together this quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge.  It's based on the card seen here.

You Brighten My Day-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I used the desk lamp from the Paper Smooches We Totally Click set as my focal image.  The image is heat embossed in silver for a shiny, metallic look--just like the gooseneck desk lamp I picked up last week for my newly reorganized stamping space!  The bulb is colored with Copic markers to give it a contrasting yellow glow.

The lamp is set over a piece of patterned paper, serving as a table.  I used a die with a perforated edge to cut the patterned paper.  It's a simple detail, but it adds a little interest to the piece.  Once I had the lamp in place using dimensional dots, I stamped the "you brighten my day" sentiment next to it in gray ink.  I debated stamping the sentiment in red, but decided to let the little pop of yellow from the lamp's bulb be my one bright pop of color.  The finished panel is adhered to a light blue card base to coordinate with the patterned paper.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches We Totally Click stamp set and Click Icons dies, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink, Pebbles Walnut Grove 6x6 paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); white cardstock (Michaels); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); die (Mama Elephant); Zing Silver embossing powder (American Crafts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips