Monday, January 27, 2014

Ahoy There

Here’s my card for the current sketch from CAS(e) this Sketch. I went with a nautical theme using stamps and dies from The Cat’s Pajamas on my design.

Ahoy There-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from The Cat's Pajamas
I paper pieced the whale image from the Whale of a Time set with a combination of patterned and solid papers. I’ve tried coloring the image, but I’ve never been happy with how it turned out, so I usually end up paper piecing when I use it.

Once I was done with the whale, I used foam tape to adhere the image to a background panel made from a light blue dot debossed panel with two turquoise wave strips cut with TCP’s CutUps Wave  die at the bottom. When I layered the wave die cuts, I offset the strips slightly to add interest. The set’s “ahoy there” sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the wave strips in black ink. I matted the panel with navy cardstock, then adhered it to a white card base. It looked a little bottom heavy to me, so I balanced things out by adding a pair of fluffy white felt clouds, cut apart from a longer strip of clouds cut with TCP’s CutUps Cloud border die.

Materials Used:
Whale of a Time stamp set, CutUps Wave and Cloud Border dies (The Cat’s Pajamas); Sea Glass and Aquamarine cardstock (Avery Elle); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock, white felt (Michaels); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Buttercup 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. that whale is awesome. so is your card, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card! It makes me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest. Whale. Ever! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips