Saturday, January 18, 2014

Have a Fun{tache}tic Day

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. My version is a masculine take using a die cut mustache and the coordinating mustache themed stamp set from The Cat’s Pajamas.

Have a Fun{tache}tic Day-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from The Cat's Pajamas
I started off by finding a piece of patterned paper with a masculine color scheme for the cardfront’s large angled panel. I found a plaid paper from an older paper pad that fit the bill perfectly. To set it off a bit from the aqua card base, I layered it on a piece of brown cardstock.

I die cut the mustache from a scrap of the same brown cardstock as I used to mat the patterned paper panel. It’s adhered to the cardfront with foam tape on top of a long, cream fishtail flag strip. The “have a fun{tache}tic day” sentiment from The Mustache Set is stamped at the end of the strip in brown pigment ink.

Materials Used:
The Mustache Set stamp set and CutUps Mustaches dies (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Six By Six Blink of an Eye paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a cute sentiment to go with that fun mustache! I love the way you've made the sketch work for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips