Sunday, January 12, 2014

XOXO

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch.  It's also my entry for this month's Verve Diva Dare, with the requirement of making a project with a heart on it.  I ended up with a lot of layers on this one--definitely more than I originally planned when I was getting started!

XOXO-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Verve Stamps
My focal image is a fluffy pink felt heart, cut with Verve's Jotted Heart die.  I machine stitched around the edges of the heart to add a little detail to it before adding it to a dotted paper panel.  It's topped with a twine tied button to fill in the panel just a bit more.  I stamped the "xoxo" sentiment from the Making a Statement set in coral ink on a light blue strip, omitting the "I love you" part.  I used a corner rounder on the bottom edges of the strip, then machine stitched it to the bottom of the dotted panel.  This is one of the few times that the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine hasn't done something totally crazy when I used it--maybe I'm finally getting the hang of using it!

The dotted paper panel is adhered to a floral patterned paper panel.  The flower pattern is broken up a bit by a strip of cardstock that matches both the coral ink and the dotted paper panel, tying everything together nicely.

Materials Used:
Making a Statement stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Coral Necklace ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Bubblegum cardstock, Bubblegum button (My Favorite Things); Yours Truly 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); white twine (Hemptique); pink felt; sewing machine; corner rounder

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet! Love that stitched heart and the fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the felt heart! Beautiful colour combo too. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips