Saturday, February 22, 2014

All Tied Up

Today I’m playing along with the first challenge at the new Naughty or Nice challenge blog. This month’s challenge theme is love. I pulled out some stamps from The Cat’s Pajamas and paired them with the current Deconstructed Sketch for this slightly naughty design.

All Tied Up-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
My focal image is the bear from the Tied Up stamp set. It's one of many TCP sets with sentiments that are perfect for "naughty" cards! I colored the bear with Copic markers, then used a combination of scissors and a craft knife to cut out the colored image. The image is adhered to a pair of round panels using foam tape.

I set the panel on a pale pink panel topped with a strip of heart patterned paper. The set’s “you have me all tied up in knots” sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the pink panel in gray ink. After arranging all of the pieces on a kraft card base, I added a few hand cut fishtail flag pieces to the cardfront to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Tied Up stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); designer paper (Crate Paper); circle dies (Spellbinders); corner rounder; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Awww...Lori, this is so cute!! I love this adorable image and all those fishtail flags!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award - more info on my blog www.inkinglyyours.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with our Naughty or Nice Challenge! Check out the new challenge and winners list on the 1st!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips