Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Papertrey Pair

I took a little time to play along with some of challenges Papertrey Ink is running to mark its seventh anniversary.  I put together a pair of clean and simple cards using PTI stamps and papers.

This one is for the sketch and color combination challenge. I used the mix of greens and blues along with the neutral kraft to make a simple thinking of you design.

Thinking of You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Papertrey InkI built the card on a Ripe Avocado card base. I adhered a strip of kraft cardstock along the right edge of the card base, then added a Hawaiian Shores strip just next to that. I cut a piece of dotted Aqua Mist paper for the panel on the top. Before adhering it to the card, I attached a piece of a green tag, die cut with the Fillable Frames #9 die to the dotted paper and machine stitched near the right edge.

Once the panel was in place, I stamped the “thinking of you” sentiment from the Live Love Life set on the tag in white pigment ink, then covered it with white embossing powder and heat embossed it so it would really pop against the green background. The sentiment was actually made by combining the “thinking of” sentiment and the larger “you” from the __ sentiment. I covered the part of the sentiment I didn’t want with a sticky note before inking it. I found a piece of Aqua Mist twill in my scrap pile and tied it in a knot, then used a glue dot to adhere it to the tag to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Live Love Life stamp set, Ripe Avocado, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, and Kraft cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper, Fillable Frames #9 die, Aqua Mist twill (Papertrey Ink); white pigment ink (WPlus9); sewing machine 


Snow Much Fun-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink
This one is for yesterday’s challenge to make a card with a large word as the focal image. I’m pretty much over winter and snow for the winter--and it sounds like we're just about to get our biggest snowfall of the season starting tomorrow night-- but I thought I’d use the “snow” stamp and die from the Wonderful Words: Snow sets to make a wintery card.

I die cut the word from a Spring Rain cardstock panel, then went to work making a snow-like glitter window to highlight the die cut word.  I stamped the matching text in navy blue ink on white cardstock. Then, I covered the back of the opening in the die cut panel with packing tape and sprinkled some super fine glitter over the tape. I lined up the opening with the stamped word and secured the stamped word to the back of the panel.  It's super sparkly and glittery and oh, so pretty IRL!  I stamped the "much fun" sentiment beneath the die cut word, then added a few iridescent sequins around the panel.  I used foam tape to adhere it to a dark blue card base.  It's straighter than it looks in the photo.  Probably should have used more foam tape to attach the panel . . .

Materials Used:
Wonderful Words: Snow stamp set, Enchanted Evening and Spring Rain cardstock, Wonderful Words:  Snow die (Papertrey Ink); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); sequins (Michaels); packing tape; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips