Monday, March 17, 2014

Funky Flowers Hello

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with the colors and graphic look of the inspiration photo to create my card.

Funky Flowers Hello-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Waltzingmouse Stamps
The flower in the pattern reminded me of the shape of one of the flowers in the Waltzingmouse Stamps Funky Flowers set, so I decided to make my own patterned paper using the flower stamp.  I stamped two different sized flower images repeatedly on a white panel in green pigment ink, then added the centers in contrasting yellow ink.  Unfortunately, when I added the sentiment panel, most of the smaller sized flowers got covered . . .

The "hello" sentiment comes from the Compact Sentiments set.  It's stamped in gray on a white panel.  I wrapped the bottom of the panel with yellow baker's twine, then added a die cut flower and leaves on top.  After matting the panel on green and yellow cardstock, I adhered it to the stamped panel using foam tape.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating green card base.  I thought about adding some sequins, but in the end, decided to leave the card as is.

Materials Used:
Funky Flowers and Compact Sentiments-Part Two stamp sets, Funky Flowers dies (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Luxe Pear Tart, Dandelion, and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Limeade Ice and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Michaels); yellow twine (The Twinery); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. The funky flowers are perfect for the Insp photo Lori! So bright and full of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a soft, delicate, and pretty card Lori, love it!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh.. such a pretty card! A fabulous fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamping.. I thought it was a paper until I read that you stamped it all! So impressive and so straight too:) Thanks for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thought this was patterned paper at first glance Lori...the stamping is perfect...this is one of my favorite WM stamp sets...thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 3 words, Lori. Perfect FUSION card. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips