Sunday, March 16, 2014

Rain or Shine

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch.  I combined the sketch with the current "spring has sprung" themed Diva Inspirations challenge.  My card was inspired by the colors in the inspiration photo and the traditional spring rain showers.  I'm hoping we'll start to see some springtime rain showers around here instead of snow soon--somehow we're expecting accumulating snow (yet again!) later on today in the DC area.

Rain or Shine-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI used Verve's Rain or Shine stamp set for my card.  One of the set's sentiments was stamped in blue ink on a white circle, a little bit off center to leave room for an embellishment.  I layered the sentiment on a pink panel, then on a white paper doily.  The doily was adhered to a piece of woodgrain patterned paper.  I substituted the patterned paper for the strips called for in the sketch.  The plank-like look of the woodgrain seemed close enough to paper strips to me!

Once the sentiment was in place, I added the pink umbrella to the left side of the panel using foam tape.  I tucked a pair of white die cut clouds underneath the umbrella and accented it with a trio of soft pink sequins.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set (Verve Stamps); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Angel Pink inks (Tsukineko); Pink Pirouette and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Michaels); Miss Caroline-Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax die (My Favorite Things); stitched cloud die (Lil' Inker Designs); Pink Blush sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); white paper doily; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. love those sweet clouds behind the umbrella. Gorgeous colours and you know I love that doily!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips