Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Here’s my card for this month’s Sketch for You to Try. I used the Reverse Confetti Sweet Thing stamp set--and some new pretty sequins from Pretty Pink Posh—on my card.

Sweet Birthday Wishes-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I started off with a fresh, spring-like color combination. Most of the mint green cardfront is covered with a piece of mint colored grid patterned paper. I inked around the edges of the panel with some mint pigment ink before adhering it to the cardfront. The grid panel is topped with a piece of multicolored dotted paper matted with coordinating rose cardstock. I layered a strip of mint scallop edged cardstock over the paper panels, then adhered a piece of rose grosgrain ribbon along the top of the scalloped strip to add a little texture.

I combined a few of the sentiments from the Sweet Thing set to get the birthday sentiment I stamped in gray ink on the pale pink Tag Me die cut. To add a pop of color to the tag, I used the little circle die included with the Tag Me set to make a mint green ring to put around the hole at the top of the tag.  I threaded a piece of rose grosgrain ribbon through the hole and secured it with some twine. Instead of a round panel or element, I die cut a heart from rose cardstock using one of the dies from the Love Note die set and attached it to the top of the tag with foam tape. After putting the tag in place on the card, I scattered some pretty mint and pale pink sequins around the tag as accents.

Materials Used:
Sweet Thing stamp set, Confetti Cuts Love Notes and Tag Me dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Mint to Be ink (Avery Elle); Spearmint and Insulation Pink cardstock (My Favorite Things); Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); This and That-Grateful 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Fresh Mint and Pink Blush sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading your post on "Sweet Birthday Wishes" & it was amazing information for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design, Lori....such pretty colors and I love the little RC tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super sweet card and I love all of the pretty sequins!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips