Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge—and the current MFT color challenge, too. I used the sketch and colors to put together a thank you card for a colleague at work. This week has been an unexpectedly and unbelievably difficult one for me at my full time job. While I won’t bore you with the non-stamping related ugly details, I will say that one of my colleagues did something for me in the face of these difficulties that was especially kind and I will be forever grateful to her for what she did.

Thank You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI kept things pretty simple here, using dotted and round elements to tie all of the pieces together. All of the elements are arranged on a piece of dotted paper that I adhered to the left side of a kraft cardstock panel. I used MFT’s Pierced Rectangle Stax die and two Pierced Circle Stax dies to cut the panels that were layered on top. The “thank you” sentiment from the Pretty Poppies set was stamped in blue ink on a cream fishtail flag die cut and adhered over the blue and green panels. The fishtail flag strip is anchored by a purple button that I tied with matching baker’s twine. I finished the design with a pair of blue sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Materials Used:
Pretty Poppies stamp set, Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax, Pierced Rectangle, and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Beach Glass ink (Vivid); Lake House cardstock (WPlus9); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); cream cardstock (Michaels); Persnickety 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); Winter Wisteria button (Papertrey Ink); purple baker’s twine (Divine Twine); aquamarine sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips