Sunday, March 23, 2014

You're a Class Act

I can't resist a cute teacher themed stamp set, so I had to add the new Reverse Confetti Class Act set and matching Class Act dies to my collection!  I used the stamps and dies, along with this month's Reverse Confetti color challenge and the current Deconstructed Sketch, for this cheery card.

You're a Class Act-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I started off with a piece of yellow on yellow dotted patterned paper.  I cut triangles from opposite corners of the patterned paper, then adhered them to a navy cardstock panel.  I used the remaining patterned paper strip as a guide for cutting the green cardstock I used between the two dotted pieces.  Before adhering the green piece to the navy panel, I embossed it with a dotted pattern to add interest.

I die cut two rounded rectangle panels using the Confetti Cuts Class Act dies. The navy one was adhered to the panel on an angle.  After stamping the "you're a class act" sentiment on the white one in navy pigment ink, I added it on top.  I stamped the set's apple and leaf images, then cut them out with the matching dies and arranged them at the bottom of the white panel, using foam tape for the apple to add dimension. I cut a yellow tab using one of the Class Act dies and tucked that underneath the layered rounded rectangle panels.  For one final school-like touch, I found a yellow paper clip and attached it to the upper right corner of the sentiment panel.  It looked a little bare, so I tied a scrap of green ribbon to the clip for another bright pop of green.

Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set, Confetti Cuts Class Act dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Pear Tart, Daffodil, Nautical Blue, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sour Apple cardstock (My Favorite Things); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Michaels); Quite Contrary-Jack and Jill "Favorite Thing" Colorful Umbrellas designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); yellow paper clip; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is just wonderful! I love the colors and the clean and simple look of everything! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips