Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cheers

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went scrappy on this one, using several different dies for my festive design.

Cheers-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
Instead of using a stamped image as the focal point on the card, I used a pair of die cut glasses, cut with MFT’s Layered Champagne Glass dies. The glasses were die cut from white cardstock, then topped with golden yellow die cut fillers. I softened the yellow by adding a layer of die cut vellum on top. I adhered the vellum with Simple Adhesive double sided tape from Clear and Simple Stamps—it’s virtually invisible under vellum!

To make a high-contrast backdrop for the glasses, I partially embossed a black cardstock panel with a star patterned embossing folder. I cut a circle from a shimmery silver cardstock square, making a frame that allows the stars to show through. After adhering the frame to the black panel, I added the glasses on top, using foam tape for dimension. To go with the embossed stars, I die cut a star from a piece of golden yellow cardstock and adhered it to the bottom of the silver frame with more foam tape. I stamped the “cheers” sentiment from the larger “cheers to you” stamp found in the MFT Celebrate Big set in gold ink on a fishtail flag die cut and adhered it to the cardfront, tucking it underneath the stem of one of the glasses. A few gold sequin “bubbles” complete the design.

Materials Used:
Celebrate Big stamp set, Die-namics Layered Champagne Glass and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Gold Glitz ink (Tsukineko); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sterling Silver cardstock, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); circle die (Spellbinders); stitched star die (Lil’ Inker Designs); Tiny Stars embossing folder (The Paper Studio); gold sequins (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this sketch and your use of cut-outs to make it stand out even more. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips