Sunday, April 20, 2014

Filled with Sunshine

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I used the new Blue Skies Ahead stamp set along with a cheery orange and pale blue color scheme on this design.

May Your Day Be Filled with Sunshine-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsI designed the card around the cloud patterned paper I used to cover most of the cardfront.  I used the orange grid pattern found on the reverse side of the patterned paper for the long rectangle adhered to the panel over a light blue fishtail flag strip.  The orange paper is accented with a trio of silver brads.  I matted the panel on orange cardstock, then adhered it to the blue card base.

I stamped the set's "may your day be filled with sunshine" sentiment in blue ink on a white pierced oval panel.  The sentiment panel is set over the top of the grid patterned paper.  It looked a little plain to me, so I went back and die cut a sun shape from orange cardstock.  I tucked the sun underneath the upper right side of the sentiment panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Blue Skies Ahead stamp set, Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Oval Stax and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Happy Go Lucky-Cloud Nine designer paper (Pebbles); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); stitched sun die (Lil' Inker Designs); silver brads (Michaels)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips