Monday, April 28, 2014

Happily Ever After

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps to make a simple but elegant wedding card.

Happily Every After card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
For the sketch's rounded element, I die cut a doily using CSS's doily die and some shimmery silver cardstock.  I adhered the die cut piece to the left edge of a white panel, then added a contrasting red fishtail flag strip on top.

I combined two sentiments from the All Occasions 1 stamp set for the sentiment panel.  They're stamped in gray ink on a white panel that I matted with gray cardstock.  The empty space at the bottom of the panel is filled in with a pair of die cut red hearts.  The top smaller heart is attached with foam tape for a little dimension.  I adhered the sentiment panel over the doily and fishtail flag strip, then layered the finished panel on a gray card base.

Materials Used:
All Occasions 1 stamp set, You're Such a Gray-cious Host ink, Dare to Be a Diva Red, I Steel Got It, Sterling Silver, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Doily and Shapes:  Hearts dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. So elegant and pretty! Great pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lori! I love that silver doily! So pretty and perfect for a wedding card! Love the pops of red! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips