Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Love You

Here's my card for the current Deconstructed Sketch.  I let one of the fabulous sentiments from the Winnie and Walter The Big, the Bold, and the Happy stamp set do most of the work here.

Love You-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Winnie & Walter
I stamped the set's "love you" sentiment in gold ink on a rose cardstock panel, then heat embossed the words with gold embossing powder for extra sparkle and shine.  I layered the panel on a piece of multicolored striped patterned paper for contrast.  The notches at the bottom of the panel were cut with two different circle punches.  It took me a while to figure out how to punch the paper so that it would have a nice, even border when matted, but I got it to work!

I dressed up the end of the sentiment panel with a red fishtail flag strip that matches the card base.  I added a pair of die cut hearts, one a shimmery gold and one a pale pink.  The pink one is adhered with foam tape for dimension.  I finished the design by adding a single gold sequin to the pink heart.

Materials Used:
The Big, the Bold, and the Happy stamp set (Winnie and Walter); Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko); Cherry Cobbler and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Bubblegum cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); stitched heart dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Zing gold embossing powder (American Crafts); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips