Monday, April 14, 2014

Poppy Sketches #2-Happy Birthday


It’s time for a new sketch at Poppy Sketches! We were thrilled to see so many people join us for our first sketch and are looking forward to seeing even more players for this one. This week’s challenge sponsor is Stampendous.  There's a fabulous assortment of their stamps up for grabs for the challenge winner. And, we’re featuring Royal Red, Touch of Teal, and Seal Grey as our pop of color along with the sketch. Love these colors together!

Happy Birthday-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Stampendous
Here’s my take on the sketch. I made the large panel into a Polaroid-style frame. I didn’t have a die large enough to fit my image, so I created this one on my own using gray cardstock and my trusty paper cutter. The colored Changito image fits just inside the frame. I adhered the image and frame to a piece of red dotted paper. For the sentiment, I used a teal “happy birthday” sticker. It’s accented with a trio of teal enamel dots.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Poppy Sketches team has created using the sketch and colors along with stamps from Stampendous.   Here's where to find them:

Laura Davis, challenge owner
Lee Murphy, design team coordinator
Amy Crockett,
Amy Tsuruta
,
Lisa Petrella,
Lori Tecler--you're here!
Renee' Dezember


Be sure to link up your finished creation using the sketch and pop of color at the Poppy Sketches blog.  We're looking forward to seeing what you create!

Materials Used:
Surprise Cake stamp set (Stampendous); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Soup Staples II-Red Salt designer paper (Jillibean Soup); sentiment sticker (Pebbles); teal enamel dots (Freckled Fawn)

5 comments:

 
Blogging tips