Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thanks a Latte

Here's my card for April's last Viva la Verve sketch.  Somehow, my coffee themed thank you card doesn't seem seasonal, but I'm happy with how it turned out!

Thanks a Latte card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Verve Stamps
I made the background panel for my card from a piece of plaid patterned paper topped with a white paper doily.  I added a coordinating solid red cardstock panel at the left side, overlapping part of the doily.  Some machine stitching adds a little definition and contrast to the red panel.  I wasn't planning on doing the stitching at first, but I really like how it turned out.

I used Verve's Holiday Treats set for the card's image ad sentiment.  I die cut a tag shape from kraft cardstock using the Tagged Rectangle dies, then stamped the set's "thanks a latte" sentiment on the tag in red pigment ink.   I adhered the tag to the cardfront on an angle, then added a piece of red knotted grosgrain ribbon at the top and a long fishtail flag strip at the bottom, just underneath the sentiment.  The red strip is anchored by a tiny to go cup, die cut with the Cup of Cheer die and stamped with the matching image in kraft ink.

Materials Used:
Holiday Treats stamp set, Tagged Rectangle and Cup of Cheer dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white paper doily; sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips