Saturday, April 5, 2014

You Arr a Treasure

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. It’s been a while since I’ve inked up one of MFT’s Pure Innocence sets, so I pulled one out for this card.

You Arr a Treasure-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used the Pirate Boy as my focal image. I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere the image to a white panel die cut with a pierced rectangle die. The panel was matted on navy cardstock, then adhered to a kraft card base. I used my word window punch to make the small, rounded end red strips for the sentiment. It was easy to ink up the sentiment in two parts to stamp it on the pair of strips. I lined them up in place at the bottom of the panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Pirate Boy stamp set, Die-namics Pierced Rectangle Stax die (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Night of Navy and Real Red cardstock, word window punch (Stampin’ Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips