Tuesday, April 1, 2014

You Brighten My Day

I love the fun light bulb themed stamp set that came in my card kit from Simon Says Stamp!  I inked it up for the first time for this card based on the current Deconstructed Sketch.

You Brighten My Day-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Simon Says Stamp
I've really grown to like gray and yellow together, so I knew that was the color scheme I wanted for my card.  I started off with a gray card base, then topped it with a yellow and gray patterned paper panel.  To set the patterned panel off a bit from the cardfront, I matted it on a piece of solid yellow cardstock before adhering it to the card.  I stamped the set's "you brighten my day" sentiment in gray ink on a white panel, then matted it on a piece of yellow cardstock.  After adhering a gray cardstock strip across the patterned paper panel, I layered the sentiment on top.

I stamped the light bulb image using yellow and gray  pigment inks, then covered the stamped image with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it for a glass-like look.  It's adhered at the bottom of the sentiment panel.  I added a pair of die cut hearts clustered around the bulb--one gray and, for a pop of contrasting color, one red.  I finished things off with a trio of clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Materials Used:
Watts Up stamp set (Simon Says Stamp); Memento Luxe Dandelion and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Steel Grey and Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Michaels); Pinwheel 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); stitched heart dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!! I have some light bulb stamps that haven't seen the light of day in a while--thank you SO much for the inspiration! Your clean design and fun colors are amazing! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I'm your newest follower! :) Also, I've got blog candy on my blog (On a Stampage)--I hope you enter! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips