Wednesday, May 14, 2014

An Apple for the Teacher

I've been working with a group of teachers all year on a big project and as my current job nears its end, the project is also coming to an end.  I wanted to let the teachers know that I really appreciate all of their hard work this year, so I used this week's sketch from Retro Sketches to put together a simple thank you note design that was easy to mass produce.

A Note of Thanks teacher thank you card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
When I was cleaning out my stamping space a while ago, I came across a bunch of premade card bases, so I put them to use for these cards  along with the teacher themed Reverse Confetti Class Act stamp set and matching Confetti Cuts dies.  I stamped a kraft panel with the alphabet stamp to make my own patterned paper for the long strip on the cardfront.  The panel is matted on olive cardstock and adhered to a green textured card base.  I stamped the "a note of thanks" sentiment in brown ink on a white panel and adhered that to the middle of the stamped kraft panel.  I die cut an apple shape from white cardstock and stamped the matching apple image on it in red ink, then added it to the card with foam tape.  A tiny green die cut leaf tucked underneath the apple completes the design.

Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set and Confetti Cuts Class Act dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and Toffee Crunch inks (Tsukineko); Cherry and Celery inks (Avery Elle); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips