Monday, May 12, 2014

Birthday Flowers

I needed a birthday card for later on this week, so I used the current Deconstructed Sketch to put together this cheery floral design.  I mixed and matched two Reverse Confetti stamp sets to

Happy Birthday to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I used the All About You set for the birthday sentiment.  I love the mix of fonts in this set!  The sentiment is stamped in orange ink on a white panel cut with the rounded rectangle die from the Confetti Cuts Class Act dies.  For the floral cluster at the lower left corner of the panel, I used flowers and the leafy branch from the Petals 'n Posies set.

I paired the pretty sentiment panel with a multicolored floral print.  The patterned paper was matted with pale green cardstock, then adhered to a yellow card base.  I attached a strip of coordinating striped patterned paper across the floral print, then layered the sentiment panel on top, backed with an offset yellow panel.  A few orange enamel dots add a final pop of color to the design.

Materials Used:
Petals 'n Posies and All About You stamp sets and Confetti Cuts Class Act and Petals 'n Posies dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Daffodil, Morocco, Pear Tart, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); The Sweetest Thing-Tangerine 6x6 paper pad, orange enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips