Friday, May 30, 2014

Calling a Time Out to Say Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I used the tall, skinny layout to make a masculine thank you card using stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps.  This one's a perfect one to give to a team coach at the end of a successful season!

Calling a Time Out to Say Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I designed my card around the kraft star patterned paper I used for the large panel on the cardfront. It’s matted with red cardstock and adhered to the blue card base, then topped with a wide red cardstock strip. I stamped the “calling a time out to say thank you” sentiment on a white circle using brown ink. It’s adhered over the panels, then topped with a narrow strip of kraft cardstock set just underneath the text. To accent the panel, I die cut a star from gold cardstock. It’s adhered with foam tape for a little dimension. It hangs over the edge of the card just a bit, but since the card’s narrower than a standard A2 card, it will still easily fit in an envelope.

Materials Used:
Party Elements: Tailgate stamp set, Brown Leather Satchel ink, My Favorite Blue Jeans, Rouge Ruffles, Kraft Like a Rockstar, 24 Karat Gold, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Shapes: Circles and Shapes: Stars dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Game Day Chili-Italian Sausage designer paper (Jillibean Soup); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips