Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Dig You

This week’s Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is anything goes. I used this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches along with the Woofers and Tweeters set for this love themed card.

I Dig You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I made a simple scene on the square panel, using a piece of blue striped patterned paper for the sky and some green cardstock punched with a border punch for grass. The set’s dachshund image was stamped on a matching die cut and colored with Copic markers, then adhered to the scene using dimensional dots. To fill in the scene, I added a bone, stamped on oatmeal cardstock and die cut with the bone from the Dog Icons set. It’s a perfect match for the bone image in the Woofers and Tweeters set!

I adhered the finished scene to a blue panel over a kraft fishtail flag strip. The set’s “I dig you” sentiment was stamped on a red heart—made from the pad of the large paw shape found in the Dog Icons die set—and adhered at the top of the panel using a dimensional dot.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Woofers and Tweeters stamp set, Woofers and Dog Icons dies; Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink; My Mind’s Eye Now and Then-Dorothy 6x6 paper pad; Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lake House, Green Acres, and Oatmeal cardstock (WPlus9); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); markers (Copic); Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Grass border punch (Fiskars) 

5 comments:

  1. What a cute card, that dog reminds me of my pup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I just love that little puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card! Love the way you created the little scene.
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER SUPER cute, Lori! I LOVE your coloring for that pup! Great card all around- as always <3 THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge <3 Hope you join in the fun with our Picture Perfect challenge this week <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips