Friday, May 16, 2014

Springtime Hello

This week’s blogger challenge theme is things with wings. I used my stitched butterfly dies from Lil’ Inker Designs along with the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for this simple spring card.

Springtime Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
I found a piece of pretty floral patterned paper in my stash of 12x12 papers and used that as the starting point for my design. I matted the panel on white cardstock, then adhered it to a pale pink card base. I die cut the butterfly from pale pink cardstock. It’s topped with a pair of coordinating solid strips—a long green one and a shorter rose fishtail flag one.

Once the panels were in place, I added the die cut butterfly on top of the cardstock strips using foam tape. A pink flourish was adhered to the cardfront, extending out from underneath the butterfly as a flight trail. I stamped the “hello” sentiment from the longer “Hello, spring” greeting in the Spring Sentiments set on the rose cardstock strip in white pigment ink to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Spring Sentiments stamp set, Stitched Butterfly dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); white pigment ink, Green Acres cardstock (WPlus9); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup-New Potatoes designer paper (Jillibean Soup); pink crystal flourish (Michaels); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Layers Stax die (My Favorite Things); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Lori your card is gorgeous I love pink and green together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. love the pink with a pop of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, your card is super sweet and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! That butterfly is gorgeous and the pop of green is the perfect accent! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spring card Lori, wonderful use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips