Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 218-Stuck


It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I used this week’s layout for a simple, sweet love themed design.

I used the cactus from the Sweet Stamp Shop Stuck on This stamp set as my focal image. The image was colored with Copic markers and matted on a coordinating piece of green cardstock. I squeezed the “stuck on you” sentiment in at the bottom right corner of the panel and stamped a pair of hearts in the upper left corner. The hearts give the panel a nice, bold pop of color!

For the background panel, I covered a green card base with a piece of green dotted patterned paper. I added a pair of fishtail flag strips to the left side of the panel, then topped them with an angled yellow cardstock panel. I layered the image panel on top over the yellow panel, also on an angle. The angled panels add lots of interest to the card while still keeping the design simple.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lisa Henke
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick

Materials Used:
Stuck on This stamp set (Sweet Stamp Shop); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Simply Chartreuse and Limeade ice cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Drop cardstock, Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Favorite Things 6x6 paper pad (Heidi Swapp)

7 comments:

  1. Totally cute cactus, Lori! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori this had me rolling. Toooo stinkin' cute and funny. I love the CAS look to this great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Your cards always make me smile. Great Copic coloring on this cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a great stamp and the bright colours are so cheery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love the polka dots with that spiky little cactus image!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips