Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wherever You Go

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at Retro Sketches. It’s kind of a loose interpretation of the layout, but I think it still works . . .

Wherever You Go card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
I used the new Reverse Confetti Here We Go set and matching dies for my card. On the long, tall panel, I made a simple scene using some blue paper as the sky and some green paper as grass beneath it. Once the scene was set, I added in set’s airplane image, using foam tape for dimension.  The sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the black panel in black pigment ink so it would stand out against the green paper.

Instead of using a large circle at the right side of the cardfront, I used my Silhouette to cut a pair of clouds from white and silver paper. I layered the clouds and adhered them to the edge of the card base, then added my scene on top.  A few enamel dots scattered around the panels add a little whimsical touch to the scene.

Materials Used: 
Here We Go stamp set, Confetti Cuts Here We Go dies (Reverse Confetti); Cherry ink (Avery Elle); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); Green Acres and Lake House cardstock (WPlus9); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Screen designer paper (Michaels); Landscape Trio die (Mama Elephant); cloud cut file (Silhouette); enamel dots (Prima); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips