Saturday, May 10, 2014

You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Gray

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I let one of the sentiments from the Blue Skies Ahead set do most of the work on this encouraging card.

You Make Me Happy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used a mostly monochromatic gray color palette for the design with just a single pop of yellow. Most of the light gray card base was covered with a darker gray dotted panel. A piece of darker gray cardstock was adhered to the middle of the cardfront. I edged the gray cardstock panel with a narrow strip of yellow cardstock before setting the sentiment panel on top. The sentiment was stamped in gray pigment ink on a gray pierced oval die cut. I accented it with a pair of die cut white clouds. A pair of silver stud embellishments, one on either side of the sentiment panel, finishes the design with a tiny bit of sparkle.

Materials Used:
Blue Skies Ahead stamp set, Grout Gray, Steel Grey, and Lemon Drop cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Oval Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); cloud dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); white felt (Michaels); silver stud embellishments (TPC Studios)

2 comments:

  1. Lori, this is terrific! Great colors and I love the "fluffy" clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the monochromatic look with the added bright yellow strip. The clouds really add a fun detail too. Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips