Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Hello Baby

Here’s my card for the current Deconstructed Sketch. I used the layout to create a gender-neutral baby card with stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps.

Hello Baby card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I built the card around the pastel alphabet patterned paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. I adhered two panels of the paper directly to a light green card base, leaving a gap between the panels near the bottom of the card. I layered a contrasting strip of yellow paper over the gap between the panels, then added the sentiment panel on top.

The "hello baby" sentiment was created by combining two different sentiments from the Baby Sentiments set.  I stamped it in green ink on the white panel and outlined it with the pretty square frame from the Curly Labels 1 set. A green bow, cut with one of the dies from the Bow Trio Mini set, was attached at the bottom of the panel as an accent.  To bring in a bit more of the yellow color, I adhered a triangle of golden yellow cardstock to the upper right corner of the top patterned paper panel along with a single silver brad.  Perfect for welcoming a baby, whether a boy or a girl!

Materials Used:
Baby Sentiments and Curly Labels 1 stamp sets, In the Limelight ink, In the Limelight, Golden Tiara, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Bow Trio Mini dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Baby-Ring Around the Rosie designer paper (American Crafts); silver brad (Joann)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips