Thursday, June 5, 2014

Merci

Here’s my card for this week’s Muse challenge. I took my inspiration from the text block image and striped patterns on Vicki’s card.

Merci card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey Ink
Instead of making my own stripes (I was way too lazy for that when I sat down to make my card!), I used a piece of blue on blue striped paper to cover most of the cardfront. It’s topped with a text block thank you image from Papertrey Ink’s Sentiment Signs stamp set. I stamped the text on a white stitched rectangle panel (wish I’d centered it better . . .), then matted it on a pair of red and blue cardstock panels.

I set off one of the words in the text block by stamping it on a contrasting navy fishtail flag strip and heat embossing it in white. I adhered the embossed strip over the stamped panel, letting the ends of the strip extend just a bit beyond the edges of the stamped panel. A trio of bold red enamel dots around the stamped panel added a final pop of bold color.

Materials Used:
Sentiment Signs stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue and Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko); Real Red and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Dots and Stripes-Homefront 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); stitched rectangle die (Lil’ Inker Designs); white embossing powder, red enamel dots (Michaels); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. I love how you always find a "Lori" way to interpret the Muse - this is really fun! So glad that you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love your take on Vicki's card. I love the diagonal striped background. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you think...the blue paper is perfect! :) This is such an eye pleasing design, Lori! Love the text block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layering and bold red enamel dots on ur card design, great take on the muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori I love this, those little touches of red are perfect :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - love the shiny enamel dots and the big center sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori,

    Loving the vibrations of the red/white/blue combo - really creates a nice tension on the eye! I think the stitching was the perfect little touch to your masterpiece!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those diagonal stripes going on! Great inspired card - Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips