Saturday, June 28, 2014

Thanks

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used one of my Pure Innocence sets to make a thank you card to give to my colleagues for the generous going-away gift they gave me yesterday.

Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored the girl image from the It’s a Sign set using Copic markers, then used white embossing powder to heat emboss the word “thanks” on the chalkboard part of the image. I accented the panel with a piece of a fishtail flag strip dotted with a single shiny silver brad.

I’m still working on using up some older patterned papers, so I paired two different patterns from a Simple Stories paper pad on the cardfront. I used a pretty floral pattern to cover most of the aqua card base, then added an aqua gingham strip on top. Before adhering the image panel, I attached a long fishtail flag strip to the edge of the gingham paper for a final pop of color.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence It’s a Sign stamp set, Whip Cream ink, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lakeshore cardstock (WPlus9); Fabulous 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); white embossing powder (Michaels); silver brad (Joann); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! I love the Pure Innocence stamps (they remind me of my granddaughter) and the sweetness of the Simple Stories pp behind the focal image. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the great colors, patterns, and coloring, Lori! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips