Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Cat's Pajamas June Release Blog Hop


Welcome to the release blog hop for The Cat’s Pajamas! Eight new stamp sets, 3 new CutUps dies, and 2 new Cutables shaped card files are now available for purchase at TCP. The Cat Pack and our Swanky Stamper guests are sharing tons of inspiration today using the new releases. You should be arriving here from Kelli’s blog.  If not, head over to Lisa's blog to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing.

You R the Best card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from The Cat's Pajamas
I have two projects to share today. First up is a fun design made with the new Aye, Eye, I set and coordinating CutUps Under my Hat dies. The Mustache Set and matching CutUps dies are among my favorites from TCP, so I’m excited about this new set that will work so well with them.

After punching a round “face” from a piece of peachy pink cardstock, I used the Under my Hat dies to fill in the details, starting with stamping a pair of eyes in black ink, then adding the die cut pieces around them. The mustache was cut from brown felt to give it a fluffy texture. I used a scrap of silver cardstock to cut the monocle to give it a metal-like appearance. And, I accented the hat with a red flower with a matching enamel dot at the center.

I attached the finished face to a panel of dotted paper. The paper was adhered over a piece of plaid paper. I stamped the “you r the best” sentiment on the plaid paper using teal pigment ink. After topping the panels with a narrow strip of blue cardstock and wrapping the cardstock with some of TCP’s linen thread, I finished the design with a few more pops of red, courtesy of a trio of enamel dots.

Find Beauty in Life card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
My second project uses the new Simple Blooms set. I showcased the pretty floral silhouette image against a sunset-like background. To make the background I cut a circle from a piece of copy paper and set it over the cream cardstock panel, securing it with some repositionable adhesive. Once it was in place, I used an ink blending tool to apply several different distress inks to the cardstock. The image was stamped over the circle in contrasting black ink. I added one of the set’s sentiments at the top of the circle. After layering the panel on a piece of mustard cardstock, I adhered it to a kraft card base.  Simple, but still striking.

Your next stop on the hop is my friend, Swanky Stamper Kyra.  Thanks for hopping along with us today!

Materials Used-You R the Best card:
Aye, Eye, I stamp set, CutUps Under my Hat dies, beige linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Luxe Teal Zeal ink (Tsukineko); Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Insulation Pink cardstock (My Favorite Things); Lost and Found-Portobello Road 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle punch (EK Success); brown felt (Papertrey Ink); red enamel dots (Michaels); foam tape 

Materials Used-Find Beauty in Life card:
Simple Blooms stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw, and Mustard Seed distress inks (Ranger); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); cream cardstock (Michaels); More Mustard cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah)

9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful projects Lori. You've really outdone yourself with this release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo and ahhhhh! Love these both, Lori. That first one really rocks!!! I adore the mustache and the pops of color with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! I love the colors on your Eye, Aye but I am blown away by the circle of color behind the Simple Blooms stamp. That just looks FANTASTIC and takes the CAS simple card way over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori I love these cards and the Aye Eye I stamp and die release is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so able to play up the wonderful "personalities" of these great new stamp sets. One is so elegant the other sassy, both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards! I love the whimsy of the mustache card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun design with the dies, love the punch of color with the red flower! ...and such an elegant design for the silhouette too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such different looks to these cards! Such a fun masculine card and a lovely, send to me card. :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips