Sunday, June 1, 2014

You Made Me Smile

Here's my card for May's last Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  I used Verve's Take Note stamps with a few gold accents to make a thank you card.

I adjusted the sketch a bit to work on an easier to mail standard A2 card instead of a square one.  I attached a piece of contrasting multicolor striped patterned paper to a green card base, placing it slightly off-center.  It's topped with four light blue cardstock strips, placed in a staggered arrangement on the patterned paper. 

The "you made me smile" sentiment was stamped on the bottom cardstock strip in darker aquamarine blue ink.  I die cut a pair of stars from shimmery gold paper and adhered them at the ends of the strips using foam tape.  A trio of gold sequins scattered around the patterned paper panel add a little more sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Take Note stamp set (Verve Stamps); Aquamarine ink, Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target); On Holiday-Travel Ticking (The Girls' Paperie); stitched star dies (Lil' Inker Designs); gold sequins (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips