Friday, July 18, 2014

How Beautiful a Day Can Be

Here's my card for this month's Reverse Confetti color challenge.  Love the aqua, lime, and coral together--they're perfect summer colors!  I used the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as the starting point for my layout.  My card also fits this week's blogger challenge to use a quotation on your project.

How Beautiful a Day Can Be card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
My quote was from the Reverse Confetti Paper Crane stamp set.  I stamped the text in gray pigment ink on a white pierced circle die cut, then matted it on a contrasting coral circle.  The circle was adhered to a green dotted paper panel.  I cut a pair of aqua banner strips with Reverse Confetti's Tag Me die, then tucked the strips underneath the sentiment panel.  After matting the green dotted panel on an aqua panel, I layered it on a green card base.  I decided I wanted to add just a bit more coral to the mix, so I arranged a trio of coral enamel dots beneath the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Paper Crane stamp set, Confetti Cuts Tag Me die (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Pierced Circle Stax die (My Favorite Things); enamel dots (Freckled Fawn)

5 comments:

  1. What a great card Lori! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colors, Lori! Love it and the awesome sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dots are such fun and,the colors are fabulous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card Lori! I love the colours! The green is so bright and cheery! Love the enamel dots! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors and design, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips