Saturday, July 5, 2014

You Brighten My Day

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I combined the sketch with the color combination from this month's MFT Color Palette challenge to make this clean and simple design.

You Brighten My Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsI used the sketch's large round element to make a layered sun using orange die cut pieces.  To add texture, I embossed the smaller circle with a dotted pattern before adhering it to the larger pinking circle die cut.  The sun was adhered to a light blue panel that I layered on to a turquoise card base. 

Once the pieces were in place, I added a yellow fishtail flag strip stamped with the "you brighten my day" sentiment from the Watts Up set.  The sentiment is stamped in Tsukineko's Radiant Neon Electric Orange ink--love the fun pop from the neon text!  I went back and forth for awhile between yellow sequins and yellow enamel dots before finally settling on the enamel dots for a final bit of contrasting color.

Materials Used:
Watts Up stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Radiant Neon Electric Orange ink (Tsukineko); Tangerine Tango cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Daisy, Sea Glass and Aquamarine cardstock (Avery Elle); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); yellow enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); corner rounder

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours in this card, so bright and cheery. And so wonderfully CAS. This would be perfect for our challenge at TIME OUT, we would love you to link up, here is the link
    http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-9.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips