Wednesday, July 2, 2014

You Rock

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge. *** 


Here's my card for the current AEI♥U gold themed challenge.  I've always been more of a silver fan than a gold one, but gold has definitely been growing on me lately!  I used some coordinating Avery Elle stamps and dies for this simple, bold design.

You Rock card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
I stamped the "you rock" from the Fill in the Blank set on a white panel using a sparkly gold ink.  The star die from the Fill in the Blank die set was used to cut the opening between the "y" and the "u."

I adhered a narrow black cardstock strip to the bottom of the stamped panel, then used dimensional dots to adhere the panel to a black card base over a strip of sparkly gold paper.  The gold shows through the die cut opening, filling in the star with more sparkle.  I accented the words with a few different sized black enamel dots.

Don't forget about the big moving sale still going on at i {heart} papers.  IHP still has a bunch of Avery Elle stamps and dies in stock, so be sure to stop by the store.  Use the code moving2014 to get a 30% discount on your order.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Avery Elle Fill in the Blank stamp set and Icon Fill in the Blank dies; Studio Calico black enamel dots; Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko)

4 comments:

  1. Love this, Lori! The gold is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the star in place of the O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh! I love this card! That star is perfect! Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card--love the letter substitution! Thanks for linking this up to Avery Elle's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips