Friday, August 1, 2014

My Favorite Reason to Smile

This week's blogger challenge is a color challenge using blue, green, and pink.  I combined the colors with stamps and this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge to come up with this cheerful design.

My Favorite Reason to Smile card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
After hand cutting the large blue banner panel, I stamped the "you are my favorite reason to smile" sentiment on it in darker blue ink.  The panel was adhered over a white card base covered with a wide strip of lime green chevron patterned paper edged with a coordinating narrow solid lime green cardstock strip.  The bottom edges of the papers were curved with a corner rounder to add interest.

I accented the large banner with a pair of bubblegum pink hearts cut with MFT's Staggered Heart Border die.  Instead of placing a pair of embellishments on the left side of the cardfront just above the banner panel, I tucked a small ribbon tab underneath the top of the panel and added a single pink enamel dot on top.

Materials Used:
Smile stamp set, Bubblegum cardstock, Die-namics Staggered Heart Border die (My Favorite Things); Aquamarine ink, Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Limeade Ice cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Summer Bliss 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); pink enamel dot (Eyelet Outlet); rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); corner rounder; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips