Sunday, August 17, 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS--Thanks Teacher

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! *** 


This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is an Anything Goes challenge.  Since tomorrow is my first official day at work at my new school, I put together a simple school themed design for the challenge.

Thanks Teacher card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used the School Icons die set to make a pencil for my card.  After die cutting the pieces from a bunch of cardstock scraps, I assembled the pencil.  I used foam tape to adhere it to a kraft card base that I'd covered with a pair of patterned paper panels and a coordinating solid cardstock strip.  The "thanks teacher" sentiment from the Smarty Pants set was stamped in gray ink on the notebook lined patterned paper.

Don’t miss what the rest of the SPARKS team has created this week. Here’s where to find them:

Katie
Larissa
Lori--you're here!
Lynn
Savannah

Materials Used:
Smarty Pants stamp set and School Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Harvest Gold and Fine Linen cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); School Daze 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME Card for this weeks Challenge!! I LOVE the FUN Design!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Lori! Love the touch of notebook paper...you and Katie are enabling on those adorable school icon dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is so sweet! You and I were on the same wave-length this week with the back to school pencils! Good luck with the new school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOOVE this card, Lori! I LOVE that you created a school themed card- appropriate for tomorrow, the BIG day! LOL! LOOOOOOVE it! You use fabulous patterned papers with PS stamps/dies--- and I LOVE the kraft cardbase! MUST case one of your cards ASAP! LOVE it!

    GOOOOOOOOOOD luck tomorrow! This year will be AWESOME <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! I know it will bring a smile to any teacher's face!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips