Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 230-Love Struck

It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  I used the sketch to make a love themed design with stamps and dies from Paper Smooches.

I used the cute cupid image from the Love Struck set to represent the sketch's star shaped element.  The image was stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then die cut using the matching Love Struck Icon dies.  At the last minute I decided to paper piece the little cutie's bottoms with the same dotted paper I used for one of the panels on the cardfront.  It really helped to tie all of the elements together!

I covered a pale gray card base with a panel of gray patterned paper, then added the pink dotted panel along the left side of the card.  The "love struck" sentiment was stamped in black ink on a pale gray panel and added to the cardfront, overlapping the pink dotted panel.  I used dimensional dots to add the colored Cupid image on top.  A trio of white enamel dots completed the design.

Love Struck card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lisa Henke
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches Love Struck stamp set and Love Struck Icon dies; Crafter's Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; My Mind's Eye Now and Then-Dorothy 6x6 paper pad; white enamel dots; Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); markers (Copic)

3 comments:

  1. This is darling! I love that you paper pieced his bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH My, this is so adorable, love that sweet little cupid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable!! I love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips