Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sorry I Was Such a Monster

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Retro Sketches. I ended up stretching the sketch from a square to a standard A2 size to fit the monster from the Clear and Simple Stamps Little Uglies set. 

Sorry I Was Such a Monster card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I die cut my ugly from patterned paper, then stamped the matching image on a piece of purple dotted patterned paper.  I did some paper piecing to fill in the "trimmings" (belly, eye, and spikes) with cardstock scraps.

The ugly was adhered to a background panel made from a piece of debossed dotted cardstock with a strip of green die cut "grass" along the bottom.  The grass was actually cut with the long cloud border die found in CSS's Clouds die set.  Works well as grass, doesn't it?  I stamped the "sorry I was such a monster" sentiment from the LIttle Uglies stamp set on an orange Favor Flags strip and used foam tape to adhere it at the top of the card.

Materials Used:
Little Uglies stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, VIP Purple, Purplicious, In the Limelight, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, and Creamsicle Cardigan cardstock, Little Uglies, Clouds, and Favor Flags dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Soft Shades-Double Dot Designs 6x6 paper pad (Bo Bunny); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips