Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tuning in to Say Hi

Here's my card for the current Lawnscaping one layer card challenge. I used one stamp set along with some masking and markers to add depth to the simple design.

Tuning in to Say Hi card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I stamped the TV from Lawn Fawn's Stay Tuned set in gray ink on a white card base.  The screen is shaded a bit with Copic markers.  I really wanted to add some Glossy Accents to it for a glass-like look, but I stuck to the true one layer challenge! 

After masking the stamped image with a sticky note, I used a sponge and a half-oval reverse mask to add a red "rug" under the TV to ground it. To add a bit more color, I used yellow ink to stamp some lines around the TV, then added the sentiment across the card in gray ink.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers Lawn Fawn Stay Tuned stamp set; Tsukineko Memento Luxe Gray Flannel and Dandelion inks

other:  Barn Door distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); oval die (Spellbinders)

3 comments:

  1. Great card Lori! I have owned this Lawn Fawn set for about two years now and it's one of my favorite go-to stamp sets for making masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the masked off sponging!! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips