Thursday, September 4, 2014

When Life Hands You Lemons

Here's my card for this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I inked up my Reverse Confetti Fresh 'N Fruity set for this first time for this citrus themed design.

When Life Hands You Lemons card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse ConfettiI replaced the sketch's round elements with a pair of dotted lemons.  They're adhered to a lime green panel that I stamped with the set's "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade" sentiment.

I'm still trying to use up some older patterned paper, so I used two different papers from a DCWV matstack with "lemon" in the title.  After covering most of the cardfront with a green on green patterned paper, I adhered a pair of lemon strips across it.  Each lemon strip was topped with a narrower strip of plaid patterned paper from the paper pad.  The sparkly silver stripes add a fun touch to the design.  Once the stripes were in place, I added the sentiment panel and a trio of enamel dots on top.

Materials Used:
Fresh 'n Fruity stamp set, Confetti Cuts Fresh 'n Fruity dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Dandelion, Pear Tart, and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Limeade Ice and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Flower Matstack (DCWV); enamel dots (Freckled Fawn); corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips