Monday, October 13, 2014

You Are My Sunshine

Here's my card for this month's second Viva la Verve sketch.  I used a pinking circle panel to make the card a cheery, sun themed design.

You Are My Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
The pinking circle was cut from orange cardstock, then topped with an orange dotted circle.  I attached the circle to a panel of aqua dotted paper, then layered a yellow Pennant Trim banner on top.  I stamped the "you are my sunshine" sentiment from Verve's Rain or Shine set in orange ink on a yellow panel with a slanted edge, then adhered the stamped strip to the dotted panel.  The dotted panel was edged with contrasting narrow orange cardstock strips, then adhered to an aqua card base.  I added a few blue sequins to the cardfront for a tiny bit of sparkle.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set, Pennant Trim die (Verve Stamps); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist and Orange Zest patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); light blue sequins (Treehouse Studio)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love the modern look to this and those large polka dots make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips