Saturday, October 4, 2014

You Make Me Happy

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I kept things simple with a bunch of different dies.

You Make Me Happy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsI used a pinking circle and a die cut cloud to represent the sketch's two round panels.  To add interest to my pinking circle "sun," I put a gingham circle at the center before topping it with the flat bottomed felt cloud.  They're arranged on a gray dotted patterned paper panel that I layered on to a pale gray card base.

I put a pale gray panel at the bottom of the dotted panel, then topped it with a cheery yellow fishtail flag strip. The "you make me happy when skies are gray" sentiment from the Blue Skies Ahead set was stamped on the fishtail flag strip in orange ink.

Materials Used:
Blue Skies Ahead stamp set, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, and Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Flat-Bottom Cloud and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); Smokey Shadow and Orange Zest patterned papers (Papertrey Ink); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips