Monday, November 3, 2014

Rain or Shine

Here's my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch challenge for October.  It took me a little while to figure out how to tackle this one, but once I had an idea, it came together pretty quickly.

Rain or Shine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I created a sunshine themed friendship card using some cheery patterned papers and Verve's Rain or Shine stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment in orange pigment ink on a white panel, then layered the panel on top of a square of floral patterned paper.  After adhering the sentiment to a blue cardstock panel, I added a strip of coordinating yellow cardstock, wrapped with baker's twine, on top.  To go with the weather theme, I made a small sun from a pinking circle and a circle die cut.  The sun is attached to the yellow cardstock strip with foam tape.  I tucked a strip of striped patterned paper underneath the top edge of the floral paper.  A pair of white sequins scattered on the floral paper completed the design.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine stamp set (Verve Stamps); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); Soft Sky and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, Orange Zest patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); On the Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); orange baker's twine (Divine Twine); white sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips