Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Good Times Are Ahead

Today is (finally) the last day of school before winter break.  My class of 18 kindergarteners will be making and decorating gingerbread houses (or "models of houses" so that we can say there is a link to our curriculum . . .) this afternoon, so I'm hoping that I am able to survive the day.  After that, I will definitely have earned my break if I haven't already done so.  I'm giving serious thought to spending my 12 day break in my pajamas, curled up in bed . . .

Good Times Are Ahead card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery ElleGiven that, the message on my card today is most appropriate.  The last year has brought many unexpected changes that were way out of my control and turned my life upside down.  I've spent a lot of time adjusting to those changes and it's definitely taken a toll on me.  I'm hopeful that I've made it through the worst and that good times are finally ahead.

To go with the current AEI♥U challenge, I used an inlaid die cutting technique on my card, first cutting the row of circles using a die from Avery Elle's Aim High set, then went back and filled in each round opening with a bold black circle and a neon-like arrow.  I oriented the arrows in different directions to add interest.  The "good times are ahead" sentiment from the coordinating Aim High stamp set was stamped just beneath the arrows in black pigment ink.  I matted the panel on contrasting black cardstock, then adhered it to a pink card base.


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Avery Elle Aim High stamp set and Aim High dies; Tsukineko Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink

other:  Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips