Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Here's my wintery design for this week's Muse challenge.  I was inspired by the large flourish element on Vicki's card.

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and diesfrom The Cat's PajamasIn my version, the flourish is a crystal one.  It was topped with a large die cut snowflake with a large clear crystal at the center.  I stamped a classic and elegant sentiment from the Melt My Ice set from The Cat's Pajamas at the bottom of the white panel in blue ink.  It was matted on silver paper, then adhered to a white panel with a strip of light blue patterned paper along the left edge.  I layered the finished panel on a blue card base matching the snowflake.

Materials Used:
Melt My Ice stamp set, CutUps Snowflake die (The Cat's Pajamas); Aquamarine ink, Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); silver paper (Target); Frosty Friends 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); clear crystal flourish (Michaels); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Love your frosty take on this week's Muse, Lori! So glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the softness in this card and picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow this is beautiful. I love the rhinestone flourish and the big snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love that huge glittery snowflake and that wonderful sparkly flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous in these colors!! Thanks for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely take on the muse card. Love the colors and softness of this card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips